Making effective stone and bone tools is both a science and an art. Learn about the journey of humanity by replicating the tools that pointed us down the path to today! The artifact pictured above is a weather-worn core that flakes were removed from. Those flakes were probably used unmodified for basic skinning and cutting needs and simply dropped when they got too dull.
In this class, we’ll learn all of the basics of:
- Percussion flaking
- Pressure flaking
- Pecking, grinding and grooving
- Simple hafting techniques
- How to make discoidal flakes, knives, projectile points, scrapers, drills, hammers, axes and adzes
- Understanding the Hertzian Cone principle and fracture mechanics
- Bone grinding and grooving to make: Needles, awls, hide scrapers, saws, projectile points
Book your spot
Bookings are no longer available for this event.