This class is part of the Sacred Hunting series of classes, though you are welcome to join even if this is your first class (there’s a discount if you take the whole series).
This is the big weekend course before the opening of the Fall Archery Season! This is a time to go deep into all of the preparations… physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. This is an overnight, so bring a tent or just lay your bedroll out beneath the stars. Before first light, you’ll be leaving camp for the stand you selected during previous classes. Will a deer or elk walk silently past… unaware of your presence, your body invisible against the grays and greens of tree bark and moss?
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Prey anatomy and proper shot placement for all angles and conditions
- Reading hair and blood
- Predictable movements of wounded animals
- Following a mock blood trail
- Pre-dawn mock hunt at the stand you’ve chosen
- Game call review and evaluation (bring the game calls you’ve been practicing with)
- Gear evaluation (bring the gear that you’ll be hunting with)
- Archery gear final evaluation and practice
- Intention, ceremony and sacredness
- Stories around the campfire
- Last details and hunting Q and A
Book your spot
Bookings are no longer available for this event.